Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Twitter

I'm freakin' twittering over 'ere. Until a few weeks ago, you would have probably wondered what I meant by twittering. In fact, most people probably still are wondering what I'm on about.

Twitter is the coolest little program to pop on to the web in a while. Some are calling Twitter yet another fad that will be gone tomorrow, while others are excited about the possibilities moving into the future.

What is Twitter?

Twitter is a social networking service that allows members to inform each other about what they are doing and what they think. It allows users to send messages via phone or instant messaging. Two SMS gateway numbers are available - one for USA, and one UK number for international use. Users can receive updates from other selected users via web, IM, or SMS.
- Wikipedia.

News organizations are already jumping on Twitter as a way to link back to their stories in real time such as the BBC.

Saavy music lovers/bloggers/podcasters like Julien Smith and Jay Moonah recently Twittered from the SXSW Music Festival. Friends could keep up in real time with everything going on at the fest, it was the next best thing to being there. Check out the timeline here.

Online Marketing gurus C.C. Chapman and Mitch Joel both have expressed their interest in Twitter on their blogs. I recommend giving them a read over to learn more too.

I must admit that I am now hooked on Twitter too. I love being able to let my friends know WHAT I'M DOING as much as possible. Drop by to find out: twitter.com/daveboob

Happy Twittering.
Dave

No comments: