Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Podcasting 101

9 times out of 10, when I tell someone about my wife and I's podcast they look confused. Often times the person will nod in agreement, not having a clue what I'm talking about.

So, don't be shy if you don't know what one is yet. Simply put, I explain that it's an on-demand radio show on the Internet. There's a longer explanation on Yahoo! Podcasts.

If you're interested in the medium, and you should be, I suggest you download a free copy of Apple's iTunes. Then choose iStore and search for "podcasting". There's loads out there, some of which I have listed in the sidebar called "Listens to".

Now, for all of you Nashvillians, here's a great podcast version of NPR from WPLN News. You can also hear more NPR podcasts here. All Songs Considered is one of my favorites. I'll be adding more Nashville-related podcasts here as I dig them up.

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions about podcasting.

Cheers.
Dave

No comments: